WELCOME TO MIDLIFE MEMOS
THE SWAMP GODDESS® GUIDE TO MENOPAUSAL MAYHEM AND AGING ANGST
BLOG # 12 by Wendy Kyman, Ph.D.
TOPIC 2 TRANSITIONS
REGRETS, REGRETS, REGRETS
AKA: THE ROAD NOT TAKEN
- Is your mind replaying events that happened 10, 20 or even 40 years ago?
- Are you preoccupied with misgivings concerning how you handled them?
- Do you feel sorrow because you imagine a long ago decision, or a road not taken, could have changed the direction of your life?
- Perhaps you are cringing at memories of how you allowed yourself to be mistreated?
- Or are you haunted by the memory of how you mistreated others?
'Life Reviews' are a hallmark of the double milestone® and surface often during menopausal mayhem and aging angst.
Do you imagine traveling back through time and having a do-over, because now you know the perfect words to say, the right things to do and the flawless ways to act?
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
It's times like these that a rewind button sounds wonderful.
Do you really want to go back?
What is your 'road not taken'?
In what ways do you imagine your current life would be different if long ago you traveled that 'road not taken'?
NEXT WEEK'S TOPIC
Regrets, Regrets, Regrets
AKA: Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda: If Only...
During the double milestone, regrets seem to pop up regularly like an uninvited guest, often interrupting...
This is the first in our 'Regrets' series.
As we progress, you may realize letting go is difficult because you are stuck in the hurt and/or anger from long ago events.
If so, take the Swamp Goddess approach to healing.
We take care of ourselves in order to live our best lives.
Getting help* from a well-qualified professional, if needed, is a wonderful double milestone gift to yourself.
*Professional help (therapy/counseling)
- a magical cure that makes all our problems vanish. (if only)
- an indication/admission we have a serious mental health disorder.
- an acknowledgement that, at certain times and for specific issues, an objective, trained professional can be a valuable, effective guide.
MORE HELPFUL HINTS
Midlife Memos is a weekly blog.
If you click on 'followers' or 'subscribe' you will automatically receive each new one.
Just come back to www.midlifememos.com