WELCOME TO MIDLIFE MEMOS
THE SWAMP GODDESS® GUIDE TO MENOPAUSAL MAYHEM AND AGING ANGST
BLOG #55 by Wendy Kyman, Ph.D.
MIDLIFE FRIENDSHIP PARTY
Are you claiming you're not ready to release the pain of a lost friendship, aka being dumped?
Oh yes, you are.
With a Pity Party?
1. Put aside one hour of uninterrupted time.
2. Set an alarm clock to ring after one hour.
3. During the designated time, focus solely on feelings related to being dumped.
4. Let it out.
- cry, yell, punch pillows, whatever works.
- talk to your friend's picture, say everything
- on paper, write down all your feelings
When time is up, STOP.
5. Let it rip.
Take the paper on which you wrote your feelings:
- shred it
- burn it (safely, please)
- put it in a garbage disposal
6. Let it go.
As the written words disappear, give yourself shout - outs:
- soothing affirmations
- cheers for a job well done
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
If you need more time to spend on your Pity Party, take it.
But first, it is mandatory to answer the following question:
- How much time are you willing to give up to wallow (yes, wallow) over a lost relationship?
MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT
This is a simple Pity Party.
In depth Pity Parties are beyond the scope of this setting.
However, strategies for coping with double milestone friendship frenzy, including
guided Pity Parties, are available in my upcoming book,
Help! I Am Surrounded By Bitches: The Swamp Goddess Guide To
Friendship Frenzy Amid Menopausal Mayhem And Aging Angst .
Plan your Pity Party.
Gather your supplies:
- picture of your friend
- pen and paper
- alarm clock
- affirmations, accolades, cheers
NEXT WEEK'S TOPIC
... it is time to rejoice ...
Midlife Memos is posted weekly.
If you click on 'followers' or 'subscribe, ' you will automatically receive each new one.
Just come back to www.midlifememos.com
TO READ PREVIOUS POSTS
To the right, under BLOG ARCHIVES, click '2010' '2011' '2012.'
Keep scrolling all the way to read any, or all, of the earlier Midlife Memos,
especially The Birth of Swamp Goddess. I bet you will relate.