WELCOME TO MIDLIFE MEMOS
THE SWAMP GODDESS® GUIDE TO MENOPAUSAL MAYHEM AND AGING ANGST
BLOG #54 by Wendy Kyman, Ph.D.
I AM SO OVER THIS MIDLIFE FRIENDSHIP
"I am so over you!"
Are you ready to say these words to the friend who dumped you?
Why? Why not?
IF YOU ARE over the pain and loss of a friendship:
- what did you do to let go?
- what strategies were effective; what strategies were not effective?
- how much time did the process of letting go take?
IF YOU STILL feel deeply hurt by the loss of a friendship:
- what did you do to let go? anything at all?
- why do you think your attempts to let go were ineffective?
- what strategies are you planning to do next?
- how much time have you allowed for letting go?
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Of course, the end of a friendship can not be ignored.
Being dumped hurts.
Time and energy are precious as we journey through the double milestone.
Determine how much time and energy you are willing to spend (squander)
on a friend who does not want a relationship with you?
Focus on joy:
List three (or more) joyful ways to spend your time.
List three (or more) joyful ways to spend your energy.
Do at least one of these joyful activities a day.
Compare and contrast:
What is better - joyful activity or mournful moping?
We all know the answer - Right???
NEXT WEEK'S TOPIC
... let's party ...
Midlife Memos is posted weekly.
If you click on 'followers' or 'subscribe,' you will automatically receive each new one.
Just come back to www.midlifememos.com
TO READ PREVIOUS POSTS
To the right, under BLOG ARCHIVES, click '2010' '2011' '2012.'
Keep scrolling all the way to read any, or all, of the earlier Midlife Memos, especially
'The Birth of Swamp Goddess.' I bet you will relate.
Post a Comment